ALL RESIDENTS AND PROPRIETORS OF
ANJUNG HIJAU (GREENFIELDS) APARTMENTS
Do you have a complaint? Are you aware of your rights as a resident and as a proprietor of an apartment at Anjung Hijau?
- Are you NOT tired of all the threats to enforce the rules, penalties and fines imposed by the Management Corporation (MC) in the maintenance of Anjung Hijau Apartments (AH) that very so often appears on the Notice Board of our apartment blocks?
The MC has turned into a school disciplinary master!
- Are you happy how they are treating you, a long time resident of AH, like outsiders in a dogmatic manner instead of using a friendlier and more cordial approach with a personal touch?
They certainly don’t treat us like neighbors!
- Are you aware that all the fines and penalties imposed by the MC are not sanctioned under or in compliance with the Strata Titles Act as they were never passed by resolutions and voted upon in an Annual General Meeting (AGM) or extraordinary meeting (EGM) of the MC? As such, legally, you can demand a refund of penalties and fines that you have paid to the MC!
- Do you know that the money that you paid and will pay to the sinking fund has actually been spent already? Yes! From the accounts, we will owe the painting contractor about another RM403K upon completion of the painting works wherein we only have about RM186K in the sinking fund as at 30 June 2010 (as per the Income and Expenditure Accounts presented in our recent AGM on 9 October 2010).
- Do you not think that there is a lack of information and feedback from the MC pertaining to the accounts of our service charges and sinking fund? The strategy was NOT to place this under the limelight and scrutiny of the owners and proprietors.
- Are you aware that the MC has been spending money from the sinking fund accounts without special resolutions by an AGM or EGM? There are also no proper guidelines and procedures formulated by the MC council members before committing our money for the capital expenses despite our request in the AGM!
UNFORTUNATELY, SOME RESIDENTS WHO QUESTION THE RULES, PROCEDURES AND DECISIONS OF THE COUNCIL MEMBERS ARE PUT IN A SPOT AND ARE NOW BEING VICTIMISED AND DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BY THE COUNCIL MEMBERS OF THE MC IN ITS UNILATERAL IMPOSITION OF RULES AND REGULATIONS TO CREATE INCONVENIENCE WITH TOTAL DISREGARD TO PROPER PROCEDURES AND THE PROVISION OF THE LAW. THESE RULES ARE CURRENTLY BEING CHALLENGED AND ARE PENDING OFFICIAL RULINGS BY THE COMMISSIONER OF BUILDING, DEWAN BANDARAYA (CITY HALL) AND THE STRATA TITLES BOARD.
To know more, please visit the blog at thegreenfieldshome.blogspot.com for more updates on the happenings at our Anjung Hijau Apartments.
Residents and owners are welcome to post your comments and constructive proposals on how we can improve the living environment here.
Without fear or favour,
The Shadow MC of Anjung Hijau Apartments